- University of New Hampshire men’s ice hockey games. Head on over to Durham, New Hampshire, to catch a UNH Wildcats men’s ice hockey game! Senior citizens can grab regular season game tickets for a special discounted price of $12-$18 depending on where you choose to sit.
- Auntie Anne’s Pretzels, Multiple locations. With several locations in malls across the state, the yummy and classic Auntie Anne’s offers a 10 percent discount to seniors aged 65 and over. Give your local Auntie Anne’s a call before you go, just to verify that the discount applies at that specific locations.
- Dunkin Donuts, Multiple locations. Seniors can enjoy a free donut with the purchase of a large or extra large beverage at all New Hampshire Dunkin Donuts. And who doesn’t love a mid-morning coffee break?
- Regal Entertainment Group, Multiple locations. Enjoy up to 25 percent off movie tickets at Regal Entertainment Group with your AARP card. Seniors also receive $3 off any popcorn and soft drink combination!
- Liberty Travel, Nashua, NH. Seniors who are AARP members receive $100 off for two travelers when booking select vacation packages. In addition, they pay just half the normal $100 vacation deposit.
Seniors often find themselves in need of extra financial help or looking to save money on everyday expenses. New Hampshire is no exception when it comes to providing discounts for seniors, but where can you find them? In this blog post, we’ll discuss the various senior discounts available in New Hampshire and how you can take advantage of them.
Dining out can be a great way to spend quality time with friends and family, but it can also be a bit pricey. Fortunately, many restaurants in New Hampshire offer discounts for seniors. Some popular chains such as Applebee’s, Olive Garden, and Outback Steakhouse all provide a 10% discount for seniors. Although the availability of the discount may vary depending on location and time of day, you can generally expect to receive a 5%-10% discount off your final bill.
You may also find senior menus at many local restaurants, typically with smaller portions at a discounted rate. For example, the popular chain IHOP offers a “Senior Menu” with prices discounted up to 30%. Other local restaurants, such as T-Bones, provide payback membership, which allows you to earn points with every purchase and receive discounts on future visits.
Additionally, many senior discounts are not advertised, and you’ll have to ask your server if they offer any. Chances are, they’d be happy to provide you with a discount.
A variety of shopping establishments also offer senior discounts in New Hampshire. Although most stores rely on already discounted prices, you may still be able to save some money here and there.
For instance, clothing stores such as Kohl’s and JCPenney offer discounts of about 10%-15% off for seniors over the age of 55. Pharmacies like Walgreens also offer up to 15% discounts on select days. Home improvement stores like Michaels also offer a 10% senior discount, including sale items.
Discounts at local shops are generally harder to come by, but you may still be able to find some. But, again, asking your cashier if they offer any is always a good idea.
There are also a number of discounts available for seniors when it comes to entertainment. For example, movie theaters like AMC and Regal offer senior tickets that are discounted anywhere from 10%-30%. Plus, some local movie theaters may offer special senior days where tickets are discounted even more than usual.
If you’re looking for a more active form of entertainment, there are still plenty of opportunities for discounts. Most golf courses in New Hampshire offer discounted rates for seniors, such as Souhegan Woods Golf Course in Amherst, which offers a 10% discount. Many bowling alleys also offer seniors discounted rates on certain days of the week.
Travel & Hotels
Additionally, seniors can take advantage of special discounts on travel and hotels. Many airlines, such as Southwest Airlines and Delta, provide discounted fares for seniors over 65. In addition, Amtrak offers a 10% discount on most of their trains.
Ultimately, the best way to find discounts is to ask. Talk to your server, cashier, or salesperson before making a purchase; you may be surprised by the savings you can find! With a little research and forethought, you can easily save money on everyday purchases as a senior in New Hampshire. So don’t miss out on the great savings that are out there—start taking advantage of them today!
Morgan Elfman is a compassionate writer, dedicated caregiver, and passionate advocate for senior well-being. Born and raised with a deep sense of empathy and a natural inclination towards service, Morgan has devoted her life to making a positive impact on the lives of seniors.
As a writer for www.choiceseniorlife.com, Morgan utilizes his skills to create insightful and informative content that addresses the unique needs and challenges faced by seniors and their families. Her articles not only provide valuable information on health, lifestyle, and care options but also strive to inspire and empower seniors to lead fulfilling lives.