- AMC Theatres. If you’re 60 or over, you can save on regular adult-priced ticket any day of the week, starting at noon. Just show a valid ID at the box office. Find AMC Theatre in Marlton.\
- International House of Pancakes (IHOP). This popular breakfast restaurant offers diners aged 55 and up a special “senior menu” at discounted meal prices. Take advantage of this deal any day of the week. Check out your local IHOP in Mount Holly.
- Goodwill. Goodwill of New Jersey offers shoppers 60 and up a 15% discount as part of their “Terrific Senior Tuesdays.” Senior shoppers can take advantage of this discount by completing an application at any Goodwill location to receive their “Terrific Senior Tuesday” membership card on the spot. In our area, you can shop at a Goodwill Store in Trenton, Ewing, Bordentown Township, Willingboro, Lumberton, Maple Shade Township.
- Kohl’s. Kohl’s operates in over 49 states and offers low prices on clothing for the entire family. This clothing retailer also offers an in-store discount of 15% every Wednesday to customers aged 60 or better. To take advantage of this discount you’ll need to present your identification to verify your age at the register. Shop Kohl’s at the Hamilton Market Place in Trenton. You’ll also find one nearby in Cherry Hill and Voorhees.
- New Jersey State Parks. New Jersey residents who are age 62 or older are eligible to obtain a New Jersey State Park Senior Citizen Pass, which grants free entrance to the parks and discounted camping rates. State Parks in Mercer/Burlington Counties: Princeton Battlefield in Princeton, Washington Crossing State Park in Titusville, Rancocas State Park in New Lisbon, and Delaware & Raritan Canal State Park in Princeton.
- Ross Dress for Less. Take advantage of a 10% discount on Tuesdays when shopping at Ross Dress for Less department stores. Just sign up at the customer service counter at your local store by providing an ID card with your age or date of birth. The store will issue you a Tuesday Club Discount card. Find a Ross store in Lawrenceville, Hamilton Township, Cinnaminson, and Mount Laurel.
New Jersey is a haven for senior citizens looking to enjoy their golden years without breaking the bank. With a plethora of senior discounts available throughout the state, retirees can save on everything from dining and shopping to entertainment and travel. In this blog post, we’ll explore some of the best senior discounts in New Jersey and highlight the benefits of taking advantage of these offers. ]
Dining out is a popular pastime for many seniors in New Jersey, and with the abundance of restaurants offering senior discounts, it’s never been more affordable. From upscale eateries to local diners, seniors can enjoy a variety of cuisines at a fraction of the regular price.
Many restaurants in the state offer a senior discount of 10-20% off the total bill, making dining out a more accessible option for those on a fixed income. Some restaurants also have special senior menus featuring smaller portions and lower prices.
One popular chain offering senior discounts in New Jersey is Denny’s, which provides a 15% discount to seniors aged 55 and older. Additionally, IHOP offers a special senior menu called “55 & UP” to seniors aged 55, and Applebee’s provides a 10-15% discount to seniors aged 60 and older.
Local restaurants also frequently offer senior discounts, with many advertising them on their menus or websites. Some examples include The Turning Point, a New Jersey-based breakfast and brunch chain offering 10% off to seniors aged 62 and older, and The Windmill, a local hot dog and burger joint offering a 50% discount to seniors aged 65 and older every Wednesday.
Seniors in New Jersey can take advantage of a wide range of discounts when it comes to shopping. From grocery stores to clothing retailers, seniors can save big on everyday purchases.
Many grocery stores offer senior discounts, such as ShopRite, which provides a 5% discount on Tuesdays to customers aged 60 and older. Some pharmacies, like Walgreens, also offer discounts to seniors on certain days of the week or for specific products.
Clothing retailers also frequently offer discounts to seniors. For example, Kohl’s provides a 15% discount to customers aged 60 and older every Wednesday. Other retailers such as Banana Republic and Talbots offer discounts ranging from 10-20% to seniors who meet certain age requirements.
Arts and crafts stores, like Michaels, offer a 10% discount to seniors aged 55 and older every day. That way, seniors can save money on everything from tools and gardening supplies to furniture and appliances.
Seniors in New Jersey have plenty of opportunities to enjoy entertainment at a discounted rate. Many museums, zoos, and other attractions offer reduced admission prices or special senior discounts.
For example, the Liberty Science Center in Jersey City offers a senior discount of $3 off admission for visitors aged 62 and older. The Newark Museum of Art offers a discounted senior rate of $8, compared to the regular adult rate of $10.
The state’s numerous zoos also offer senior discounts. The Cape May County Park & Zoo provides free admission to all visitors, while the Turtle Back Zoo in West Orange offers a discounted senior rate of $16, compared to the regular adult rate of $19.
In addition to museums and zoos, seniors can also enjoy discounts on movie tickets. AMC Theatres offers discounted tickets to seniors aged 60 and older every day, while Regal Cinemas offers a discounted senior rate for those aged 60 and older.
So, no matter how you love to spend your free time, there are plenty of opportunities to have fun and save money.
Seniors in New Jersey can enjoy discounts on various modes of transportation, making it easier and more affordable to travel within the state and beyond.
New Jersey Transit offers a 50% discount to seniors aged 62 and older on the bus, rail, and light rail services. This discount applies to off-peak travel and is available for one-way and round-trip fares, as well as monthly passes.
Seniors can also take advantage of discounted fares on Amtrak trains. Amtrak provides a 10% discount on most fares for passengers aged 65 and older, making it more affordable to travel throughout the United States.
For seniors who prefer to drive, rental car companies such as Hertz and Avis offer discounts on rentals to AARP members aged 50 and older. In addition, many hotel chains, such as Best Western, Marriott, and Choice Hotels, offer senior discounts on room rates at participating locations, providing a comfortable and affordable place to stay while traveling.
In addition to these discounts, seniors can also take advantage of senior discount programs such as AARP, which provides exclusive discounts and benefits to members aged 50 and older. Membership includes discounts on travel, dining, entertainment, and more.
So, whether you’re a long-time resident or a newcomer to Garden State, there’s no better time to start enjoying the perks of being a senior in New Jersey. So, don’t hesitate to take advantage of the senior discounts that await!
Morgan Elfman is a compassionate writer, dedicated caregiver, and passionate advocate for senior well-being. Born and raised with a deep sense of empathy and a natural inclination towards service, Morgan has devoted her life to making a positive impact on the lives of seniors.
As a writer for www.choiceseniorlife.com, Morgan utilizes his skills to create insightful and informative content that addresses the unique needs and challenges faced by seniors and their families. Her articles not only provide valuable information on health, lifestyle, and care options but also strive to inspire and empower seniors to lead fulfilling lives.