Spectrum Internet is a subsidiary of Charter Communications, a Stamford, CT-based mass media and telecommunications company. As the name suggests, the Spectrum brand mostly serves as an internet provider, while also handling Charter’s cable TV and telephone networks. But does Spectrum offer a senior discount? The answer is NO, but you can avail yourself of its numerous other offers, including the Supplemental Security Income (SSI) discount.
Can’t really recollect the name of the brand? You might have heard about Spectrum’s predecessor, Time Warner Cable. As of 2022, the company headquarters are located in Stamford, CT, and it generates revenue of over $48 billion. Its internet division was born in 2014, which later saw a steady rise sometime after 2017. Needless to say, it is definitely a senior citizen-friendly brand!
You may want to read similar articles from Senior Deals team:
How can you Get Spectrum Senior Discount in 2022?
Admittedly, Spectrum may not provide any senior discount plan at the moment. Bigger conglomerates like the Walmart senior discount club are already hosting the ball. But still, you can save quite a few bucks on your subscription by availing the right offer. Buy the right modem and install it to begin your Spectrum plan. Even if there is no available Spectrum cable senior discount plan now, don’t sweat it! You can even save on the installation costs by following these five simple steps.
- You will be provided with a coax cable that looks like a pin fitted on a heavy black set of insulated wires. Connect the modem to the cable outlet with it.
- Plug in the modem’s power outlet and wait for a few minutes for all the lights on the device to activate.
- Once the “online status” blinker at the front of the modem stabilizes, connect the Ethernet cable to the device.
- Double-check if the Ethernet cable is securely connected to your computer or laptop.
- Finally, access this link – www.spectrum.net/selfinstall – from the connected device, and follow the instructions to register your official Spectrum account.
To check out or avail of any of their present offers, simply visit www.Spectrum.com and click the “Wi-Fi Service” button.
How much is Spectrum Internet Monthly?
The Spectrum Internet Standard plan starts at 49.99 USD. The amount may seem quite hefty at first sight, but considering that it is a monthly plan with speeds of nearly 200 Mbps, it is more than worth the dough spent. This basic internet plan which doesn’t cost more than two bucks per day is perfect for senior citizens. Let’s face it, you won’t be downloading large amounts of files like a company’s data scientist for instance.
For movie streaming and downloads, and even for downloading work-related data, a speed of 200 Mbps is more than enough. However, if you wish to increase the speed, then it will cost you more, but not by a great margin. Even without a Spectrum Internet senior discount, if they ever offer one in the future, the prices are quite reasonable. The Spectrum Internet Ultra (400 Mbps) costs $69.99, and the Spectrum Internet Gig (940 Mbps-1000 Mbps) starts at $109.99. That’s just a little more than three bucks per day!
However, nothing can beat this deal of a lifetime. The Spectrum Internet Assist plan is preferred by most US senior citizens, which retails for just $22.99 per month, less than a greenback dollar per day! But there’s a catch. You need to be eligible for the Supplemental Security Income (SSI) to register for this plan, and obviously, you should be at least 65 years of age.
How do you Get a Free Spectrum?
If you thought that the Spectrum Internet for $22.99 was the lowest one, then you can never be more wrong! There is a free plan available as well. However, you won’t get a free internet modem along with it. You will need to purchase one before you can avail of this exciting offer.
Don’t worry about the absence of Spectrum senior citizen discount. There is an exclusive free trial deal that you don’t want to miss! Every customer who registers on Spectrum’s portal is eligible to receive 30 minutes of free internet. Oh yes, an entire 30 minutes during which you can stream your favorite movies, download your most-loved songs, and interact on social media platforms with your friends and ex-colleagues. Here are the steps to sign up for this spectacular freebie.
- Register your personal details on www.Spectrum.com.
- Click on “Spectrum Free Trials” in the list of available networks.
- Open your favorite browser, like Google Chrome.
- Enter any website, like www.google.com, in the address bar.
- A login page will be displayed. Type in your Spectrum “username” and “password” and hit Enter.
That’s it! From that moment on, you will be able to enjoy 30 minutes of free internet. No need to pay a dime!
Pricing table: all Spectrum internet plans
|Plans||Speed||Promotional Price||Standard Rate|
|Spectrum Internet||100/200 Mbps||$49.99/mo.||$69.99/mo.|
|Spectrum Internet Ultra||400 Mbps||$69.99/mo.||$94.99/mo.|
|Spectrum Internet GIG||1000 Mbps||$109.99/mo.||$129.99/mo.|
What is the Cheapest Spectrum Package?
This brings us to the main question – does Spectrum have a senior discount? The simple answer is a resounding NO. However, the cheapest Spectrum package that is most preferred by seniors is the $22.99 SSI deal. And of course, there is a free 30-minute package that is available after a simple registration process.
What is Free with Spectrum?
You will first need to register on their official website to grab any available free deal. At the moment, Spectrum has a 30-minute free internet rental that you can access without paying anything. You can use it whenever you want to, but for no more than 30 minutes. After that period, you will be charged the minimum amount ($49.99, or $22.99 if you are eligible for SSI).
Why did my Spectrum Bill Go Up in 2022?
There are many reasons why your Spectrum bill might have gone up this year.
- If you haven’t installed the modem yourself, then the minimal installation charges would have been added to the bill.
- Ordered a movie or two over the weekend? Then your Spectrum bill may have balled up into a considerable amount.
- Pay-per-view purchases don’t usually show up differently on the bill, so those may have been added to the total amount.
- Since Spectrum doesn’t have an official senior discount, the original charge may have been added to your bill if you don’t have SSI.
- The SSI discount doesn’t last forever. Your discounted rate may have expired. Check with your nearest branch to know more.
- Your state’s or local legislation may have increased the taxes in your area. Contact your local authorities to understand their updated procedures.
To reiterate, here’s our answer to your primary question – does Spectrum offer a senior discount? No, it doesn’t. But don’t be disheartened, because the data caps for the available Spectrum offers are high, and the rates are comparatively low. Imagine having to surf the internet for hours on end, just for a minimal cost of $22.99! And even if you aren’t eligible for the SSI plan, you can make a great bargain compared to other internet providers in the market by signing up for the $49.99 standard plan. Who else offers 200 Mbps speeds for such a cheap price!
The content writer on Choice Senior Life