- Sickies Garage Burgers & Brews, Bismarck and Fargo, ND. Voted the best burger in North Dakota, Sickies Garage Burgers & Brews serves up 50 unique burger combinations like macaroni and cheese burger, vegetarian burger, tater tot burger, beer cheese burger, glazed doughnut burger, chili cheese fries burger, nacho dipper burger, jalapeno peanut butter burger, bratwurst burger, and plenty more to choose from. If burgers aren’t your thing, try the appetizers, chicken wings, sandwiches, salads, wraps, baskets, or dessert. There is something for everyone on this creative menu! Thursday is seniors discount day, where seniors get a discount percent based on their age. A 99-year-old lady, for example, would get 99 percent off her meal—an unbelievable deal!
- Fryn’ Pan, Fargo and Wahpeton ND. Open 24 hours a day, this is a local hot spot no matter the hour. The menu has breakfast favorites, bakery items, appetizers, specialty sandwiches, beefy burgers, hot sandwiches, salads, gluten free menu, kids menu, and senior menu. Some of the local favorites are the biscuits and gravy, sirloin tips, or the supreme omelet. In addition to the dedicated senior menu, there is also a senior discount of 10 percent off the bill!
- Roosevelt Park Zoo, Minot, ND. Come to Minot’s Roosevelt Park Zoo to see a bunch of exciting animals like lions, warthogs, bison, leopards, tigers, camels, brown bears, wolves, lemurs, giraffes, kangaroos, a variety of exotic birds, and much more. Seniors age 60 and older get a discounted admission fee, as well as military adults, college students, and children. Check the event calendar on their website to find fun and enriching classes available at the zoo.
- North Dakota Cowboy Hall of Fame, Medora, ND. If there’s one thing North Dakotans can’t get enough of, it is cowboys. Learn about these rowdy history of the plains at the North Dakota Cowboy Hall of Fame in Medora. They close in the winter, so get there while you can. Seniors and students receive a discounted admission rate.
- Perkins Restaurant & Bakery, Bismarck, ND. Perkins may be a chain restaurant, but it is one of the best around! Their menu includes burgers, fish, omelets, hot and cold sandwiches, soup, melts, appetizers, pot pies, salads, and a huge number of breakfast offering. The bakery sells rich cream pies, fruit pies, cookies, mammoth muffins, milkshakes, and other scrumptious desserts. A 55-plus menu is available with delicious and affordable meal options.
As seniors age, many look for ways to stretch their dollars without sacrificing their quality of life. Luckily, there are numerous discounts available to older adults across the United States, including in North Dakota. From dining out to entertainment, from public transportation to museums, seniors in North Dakota can enjoy a variety of discounts and savings opportunities. In this blog post, we will explore the different senior discounts available in North Dakota, helping older adults make the most of their retirement years.
Many cities in North Dakota offer discounted public transportation rates for seniors.
In Fargo, seniors 65 and older can ride on Fargo MATBUS buses for half the regular fare. Bismarck also offers discounted rates for seniors, with riders over the age of 60 paying just 75 cents per ride. In Grand Forks, seniors 65 and older can ride on the city’s fixed-route buses for free with a Senior Transit ID card.
So, no matter the destination, seniors in North Dakota can get around town with ease and comfort at a discounted rate.
Whether it’s grabbing a bite to eat with friends or treating the grandkids to a meal out, seniors in North Dakota have plenty of options when it comes to dining out discounts.
Many popular chain restaurants, such as Applebee’s and Outback Steakhouse, offer up to 15% discounts for seniors. Other restaurants, such as IHOP and Golden Corral, offer special senior menus at reduced prices.
Even local eateries in North Dakota offer senior discounts. For instance, Mango’s Mexican and American Grill in Fargo offers a senior menu featuring traditional Mexican favorites for those aged 55 and over. In addition, Fargo Fryn’ Pan Family Restaurant in Fargo offers seniors 20% off their entire check on Wednesdays from 5 – 9 p.m. Similarly, Perkins Restaurant & Bakery locations across the state offer senior menus.
So, no matter what type of cuisine you’re craving, seniors in North Dakota are sure to find delicious options that fit their budget in North Dakota.
There’s no shortage of entertainment opportunities for seniors in North Dakota. Seniors can take advantage of discounts on movie tickets, museum admission fees, and more.
Many movie theaters throughout the state offer discounted tickets for seniors, typically for customers aged 60 and older.
One example of a movie theater chain that offers senior discounts is AMC Theatres. AMC Theatres has locations throughout North Dakota, including in Fargo, Grand Forks, and Minot. Seniors can receive a discount on ticket prices for any movie showing, which may vary depending on the location.
Another theater chain that offers senior discounts is Marcus Theatres. Marcus Theatres has a location in Fargo, and seniors can receive a discount on ticket prices for all movies, including 3D and IMAX films. The discount is available to customers aged 60 and older.
In addition to these larger theater chains, many smaller, locally-owned theaters throughout North Dakota also offer senior discounts. For example, the Fargo Theatre in Fargo offers senior rates on select matinee showings. The Grand Theatre in Williston also offers a senior discount on tickets for all movies.
Senior discounts on museums in North Dakota are a great way for older citizens to enjoy the state’s rich cultural heritage and learn more about its history and art.
In Jamestown, for instance, the National Buffalo Museum offers seniors over 62 a discounted admission price of $6. Similarly, the North Dakota Cowboy Hall of Fame in Medora offers seniors aged 65 and older a discounted admission rate of $7 instead of the regular price of $9.
In addition to these museums, many other cultural institutions in North Dakota also offer senior discounts on admission fees, including the Fargo Air Museum, the International Peace Garden, and the Scandinavian Heritage Association in Minot.
These discounts provide seniors with a great opportunity to explore the state’s cultural attractions at a reduced cost and to learn more about the people and places that have shaped North Dakota’s rich history and heritage.
Many zoos in North Dakota offer discounts for seniors aged 65 and older, allowing them to explore and learn about animals in a more affordable way.
One popular destination for senior visitors is the Dakota Zoo in Bismarck. This 90-acre facility is home to over 600 animals from 125 different species, including bears, tigers, and wolves. So, seniors can enjoy a discounted admission price, which allows them to explore the zoo’s exhibits and attractions at a lower cost.
Another popular attraction for seniors is the Red River Zoo in Fargo. This zoo features a diverse collection of animals from around the world, including big cats, primates, and reptiles. It also has a variety of activities and attractions, including train rides and petting zoos.
In North Dakota, seniors can often take advantage of discounts on hotel accommodations.
For instance, many Best Western hotels in the state offer discounts of up to 15% to seniors who book directly with them. Choice Hotels in Bismarck also provides a discount of up to 10% to seniors on their room rates.
Additionally, the Radisson Hotel Fargo offers a special Senior Rate for guests who are 65 years of age or older. This rate provides a discount of up to 10% off the hotel’s standard room rate.
These discounts can be a great way for seniors to save money on their travel expenses and enjoy a comfortable and affordable stay in North Dakota.
So, North Dakota offers many great opportunities for seniors to enjoy a wide variety of activities and attractions at discounted prices. From movie theaters and museums to zoos and hotels, there are plenty of ways that seniors can save money. So, whether you’re looking for entertainment or accommodations, it pays to take advantage of these discounts when traveling in North Dakota!
Morgan Elfman is a compassionate writer, dedicated caregiver, and passionate advocate for senior well-being. Born and raised with a deep sense of empathy and a natural inclination towards service, Morgan has devoted her life to making a positive impact on the lives of seniors.
As a writer for www.choiceseniorlife.com, Morgan utilizes his skills to create insightful and informative content that addresses the unique needs and challenges faced by seniors and their families. Her articles not only provide valuable information on health, lifestyle, and care options but also strive to inspire and empower seniors to lead fulfilling lives.