- Arby’s has a 10% discount available for senior citizens age 55+ in Kentucky (please contact your local Arby’s directly to verify this senior discount)Ben & Jerry’s has a 10% senior citizen discount available for seniors 60+ in Kentucky (please contact your local Ben & Jerry’s directly to verify this senior discount)
- Captain D’s Seafood has a discount available for senior citizens age 62+ in Kentucky (please contact your local Captain D’s Seafood directly to verify this senior discount)
- CiCi’s Pizza has a 10% senior citizen discount for seniors 60+ in Kentucky (please contact your local CiCi’s Pizza directly to verify this senior discount)
- Denny’s has a 10% senior citizen discount for seniors 55+ in Kentucky (please contact your local Denny’s directly to verify this senior discount)
- Long John Silver’s has a discount available for seniors 55+ in Kentucky (please contact your local Long John Silver’s directly to verify this senior discount)
- Sonic has a senior citizen discount of 10% available for seniors 60+ in Kentucky (please contact your local Sonic directly to verify this senior discount)
- Village Inn has a 10% discount available for senior citizens 60+ in Kentucky (please contact your local Village Inn directly to verify this senior discount)
If you’re a senior citizen living in Kentucky, there are plenty of great discounts and deals available to you! From reduced rates on transportation services to discounted admission at museums and attractions, seniors can save money while enjoying all that Bluegrass State has to offer. Keep reading for more information about the amazing discounts available in Kentucky.
Seniors in Kentucky can save money on transportation services with discounted fares offered by many public transit systems. For example, the Transit Authority of Northern Kentucky (TANK) offers discounted fares for seniors aged 65 and older. In addition, private companies like Amtrak offer senior discounts of up to 10% on select tickets.
Eating out can be expensive, but as a senior citizen in Kentucky, you’re entitled to a number of discounts at popular restaurants. Many restaurant chains offer 10-15% discounts, such as Applebee’s, Denny’s, and Outback Steakhouse.
You can also find discounted meals at many local restaurants. They usually come in the form of senior menus that offer slightly smaller portions at reduced prices. IHOP is one example of a restaurant chain that offers a senior menu for seniors aged 55 and up. Bread of Life Cafe in Liberty has a special Senior Night every Thursday when seniors aged 55 and over can enjoy a discounted buffet.
Many restaurants also offer early bird specials, so be sure to check your local eateries for more information. Plus, certain restaurants even have special senior days offering free meals or complimentary drinks. Make sure you ask since these special offers aren’t always advertised.
If you’re looking for ways to enjoy your retirement, Kentucky offers plenty of entertainment options at discounted rates for senior citizens. For example, the Speed Art Museum offers $5 off the admission fee for seniors, plus an additional 10% discount for membership packages.
If you’re a movie buff, Cinemark theatres offer discounted tickets for seniors aged 62 and up. Other popular movie theatre chains, such as AMC, offer discounted admission rates ranging from $6-8 for seniors or special senior days with reduced ticket prices. Plus, many movie theatres offer an additional 10% discount if you’re booking online.
Recreational activities such as bowling, golf, and amusement park rides may also have discounted rates for seniors. For instance, Cherry Blossom Golf Club in Georgetown and Boone Links Golf Course in Florence both offer discounted rates for seniors aged 60 and older.
On top of that, many bowling alleys also offer discounts, including Southern Lanes in Lexington, where seniors can save $1.75 per game.
There are also discounts available at many amusement parks like Kentucky Kingdom and Hurricane Bay in Louisville. So if you’re looking for a fun day out, be sure to check for senior discounts before making your purchase.
Travel & Accommodation
If you’re planning a trip, many hotels in Kentucky offer discounted rates for senior citizens. You can find a flat rate of 10-15% off the best available rate at most major hotel chains, such as Marriott, Best Western, and Holiday Inn Express.
Some hotels also offer special seniors rates or weekly discounts. Just make sure you ask when booking your stay. That is especially true if you’re looking for a longer stay or during the off-season.
If you’re traveling further afield, you can also benefit from senior discounts on flights. Most airlines offer discounted fares on select flights for seniors aged 65 and older, including American Airlines and Delta. Just make sure to book your tickets early and ask about any special offers or discounts available.
These are just some of the senior discounts available in Kentucky. With a little research, you can find plenty more discounts and benefits to help you stretch your retirement budget. So take advantage of these offers and enjoy a more financially secure retirement.
Morgan Elfman is a compassionate writer, dedicated caregiver, and passionate advocate for senior well-being. Born and raised with a deep sense of empathy and a natural inclination towards service, Morgan has devoted her life to making a positive impact on the lives of seniors.
As a writer for www.choiceseniorlife.com, Morgan utilizes his skills to create insightful and informative content that addresses the unique needs and challenges faced by seniors and their families. Her articles not only provide valuable information on health, lifestyle, and care options but also strive to inspire and empower seniors to lead fulfilling lives.