- Rite Aid Pharmacy, Multiple locations. Rite Aid offers a “Wellness65+” program for those 65 and older. To qualify for these great discounts, such as 20 percent off in-store and online on Wellness Wednesdays for a FREE pharmacist consultation, sign up online on the Rite Aid website. Customers will also earn more than 25 wellness points for every prescription filled.
- Super 8, Multiple locations. Enjoy 10 percent or more at Super 8s and other Wyndham hotels with your AARP membership this year. Whether you’re looking for an upscale hotel, all-inclusive resort or something more cost-effective, the Wyndham Hotel Group and the Super 8 have the best available rate ready and waiting! All you have to do is choose your hotel, enter the discount code, and you’re on your way!
- Best Western University Inn, Valparaiso, IN. Come stay at the Best Western University Inn in northern Valparaiso, Indiana, and enjoy your 10 percent AARP discount! Choose from a variety of rooms and the great amenities that come with it, such as a full breakfast bar, business center, snack shop, and 24-hour fitness center.
- Amtrak. Thinking about taking a train ride anytime soon? Those 62 and older are eligible for a 15 percent discount on the lowest available rail faire on most Amtrak trains. If you’re traveling cross-country using Amtrak and VIA Rail Canada and are 60 years and older, you can enjoy a discount on all Amtrak faire.
- Hertz Car Rental, Multiple locations. With the holidays coming up, now is the perfect time to rent a car and go see the kids and grandkids! Those who are 50 and older can enjoy a discounted rate on all Hertz rental cars with the 50 Plus Car Rental Program. Just go online and enter the promo code or give your nearest Hertz location a call today!
Indiana is a state rich in history, culture, and natural beauty and is home to many attractions that are popular with seniors. Fortunately, many of these attractions offer discounts for older adults, making them more affordable for those on a fixed income. From museums and theaters to restaurants and shops, there are plenty of opportunities for seniors in Indiana to save money. In this blog post, we’ll take a closer look at some of the senior discounts available to help seniors get the most out of their time in Hoosier State.
Indiana has a number of public transportation options available to seniors, including buses, trains, and paratransit services. Many of these services offer discounted fares for older adults, making it easier for seniors to get around without breaking the bank.
IndyGo, the public transit system in Indianapolis, offers half-fares for seniors aged 65 and over. Seniors can apply for an IndyGo Half Fare ID Card or pay a reduced fare for single rides with valid IDs. The system also offers a paratransit service for seniors with disabilities, which provides door-to-door transportation at a reduced rate.
The South Shore Line, a commuter rail line that runs between South Bend and Chicago, also offers discounted fares for seniors. Seniors aged 65 and over can purchase a reduced-rate ticket for travel on all trains.
Many other transit systems throughout Indiana also offer senior discounts, such as the Fort Wayne Citilink and the Bloomington Transit system. So, it’s always a good idea to check with the transit provider ahead of time to see what discounts are available and any restrictions that may apply.
Seniors in Indiana can take advantage of a variety of discounts when dining out, making it easier to enjoy a meal without overspending. Many restaurants throughout the state offer special senior menus or discounts for older adults.
One popular restaurant chain that offers senior discounts is Bob Evans. Seniors aged 55 and over can enjoy discounted meals and drinks at participating locations. Other Indiana restaurant chains offering senior discounts include Denny’s, Golden Corral, and Applebee’s.
In addition to chain restaurants, many locally owned restaurants also offer senior discounts. These discounts may vary depending on the restaurant but can often be found by checking the restaurant’s website or by asking your server. Some restaurants may also offer special promotions or discounts for seniors on specific days of the week.
When dining out, asking if any senior discounts are available is always a good idea. You may be surprised by how much you can save simply by showing your ID or asking your server about discounts for seniors.
Indiana has a vibrant entertainment scene and is home to many theaters, museums, and outdoor attractions. Fortunately, many of these venues offer discounted admission for seniors, making them more accessible and affordable.
Indiana has a variety of museums and cultural attractions that offer senior discounts, making it easier for older adults to explore the state’s history and culture without overspending. Many museums offer reduced admission prices for seniors, and some even offer free admission on certain days of the week or month.
One popular museum that offers senior discounts is the Indiana State Museum in Indianapolis. Seniors aged 60 and over can enjoy discounted admission to the museum’s exhibits and special events. Other museums throughout the state that offer senior discounts include the Eiteljorg Museum of American Indians and Western Art in Indianapolis and the Fort Wayne Museum of Art.
When planning a visit to a museum in Indiana, it’s always a good idea to check the museum’s website or call ahead to see what discounts are available. Since some museums may also offer discounts for seniors on guided tours or special events, be sure to ask about these options as well.
Zoos & Aquariums
Many zoos and aquariums in Indiana offer discounted admission prices for seniors, making it easier for older adults to enjoy a day out with family or friends. Some of the state’s most popular zoos and aquariums offer senior discounts, including the Indianapolis Zoo and the Fort Wayne Children’s Zoo.
At the Indianapolis Zoo, seniors aged 62 and over can enjoy discounted admission prices to see a variety of animals from around the world. Meanwhile, the Fort Wayne Children’s Zoo offers discounted admission prices for seniors aged 65 and over and special senior rates on the zoo’s train and boat rides.
One popular example of a recreational activity that offers senior discounts is golfing. Many golf courses throughout the state offer discounts to seniors on greens fees and cart rentals. For example, at the Bear Slide Golf Club in Cicero, seniors aged 60 and over can enjoy discounted greens fees and cart rentals, making it an affordable option for those who enjoy playing golf.
Another popular recreational activity in Indiana that offers senior discounts is fishing. The state has many lakes and rivers where seniors can fish, and some even offer discounts on fishing licenses. For example, the Indiana Department of Natural Resources offers a discounted fishing license for seniors aged 65 and over. This allows seniors to enjoy fishing without having to pay the full price for a license.
Indiana is full of activities, attractions, and entertainment that are perfect for seniors looking to enjoy some time away from home. From discounted admission prices at museums, zoos, and aquariums, to reduced greens fees and fishing licenses – there’s something for everyone in Indiana. With a little research or by simply asking your server about discounts available for seniors, you can make the most out of your day without breaking the bank!
Morgan Elfman is a compassionate writer, dedicated caregiver, and passionate advocate for senior well-being. Born and raised with a deep sense of empathy and a natural inclination towards service, Morgan has devoted her life to making a positive impact on the lives of seniors.
As a writer for www.choiceseniorlife.com, Morgan utilizes his skills to create insightful and informative content that addresses the unique needs and challenges faced by seniors and their families. Her articles not only provide valuable information on health, lifestyle, and care options but also strive to inspire and empower seniors to lead fulfilling lives.