- Bishop Museum, Honolulu, HI. The Bishop Museum, perhaps the most famous museum in all of Hawaii, offers discounted admission prices to senior citizens aged 65 and over. Tickets cost $19.95 with the discounted prices, so you save $3 off of regular admission. Located in a historic building, the Bishop Museum takes visitors through different eras and cultures that make up Hawaii.
- Zippy’s Restaurant, Multiple locations. Zippy’s provides perhaps the most popular discount option on Hawaii: their Senior Cards. From 65 years of age and older, you can join Zippy’s Senior Club and receive a 10 percent discount on food purchases at Zippy’s, Napoleon’s Bakery, and Kahala Sushi. This discount is applicable every day and membership lasts for one year and costs $20.
- Regal Cinemas, Multiple locations. Maybe you are a film-buff but find the cost of going to movies too high except for special occasions. Well, as an AARP member, you can purchase discounted tickets for $9.50 online. Tickets can be used at all Regal Cinemas in the U.S. and time and dates can be selected when you receive the e-ticket.
- Chili’s, Multiple locations. Save when you dine out at Chili’s locations in Hawaii and elsewhere in the U.S. With your AARP membership card, you can enjoy 10 percent off your meal if you are 55 and over. On the menu at Chili’s, you’ll find burgers, Tex-Mex, massive salads, and plenty of dessert options.
- Consumer Cellular, Multiple locations. Consumer Cellular is an affordable cell service provider that has coverage across the Hawaiian archipelago. They offer AARP members a five percent discount off of monthly cellular plan rates and a 30 percent off discount on cellphone accessories. In addition, you receive a risk-free guarantee for 45 days, so if you find the coverage insufficient, you can receive 100 percent of your money back. Occasionally, other deals are also offered for AARP members.
Hawaii is known for its beautiful beaches, stunning natural scenery, and vibrant culture. It’s a popular destination for travelers of all ages, but for seniors, it can be particularly appealing thanks to the many discounts available to them. From discounted meals to reduced admission fees at popular attractions, seniors can save significant money while enjoying all that Hawaii has to offer.
In this blog post, we’ll explore the various senior discounts available throughout the state. So, whether you’re a senior looking to explore Hawaii on a budget or you’re simply curious about the discounts available, read on to learn more.
Many restaurants across Hawaii offer discounts for seniors, typically defined as those aged 55 or older. These discounts can come in the form of a percentage off your total bill or a free side dish, a discounted special, or a free dessert or drink. Let’s take a look at some examples of restaurants that offer senior discounts in Hawaii:
- IHOP: This popular chain restaurant offers a discounted menu for seniors who are 55 years old or older. They serve breakfast, lunch, and dinner, with a wide variety of menu items to choose from.
- Outback Steakhouse: Seniors who dine at Outback Steakhouse can enjoy a 10% discount on their meals. This chain restaurant is known for its delicious steaks, but they also offer seafood, salads, and other tasty dishes.
- Denny’s: Another chain restaurant that offers senior discounts in Hawaii is Denny’s. Customers who are 55 years old or older can get 15% off their meals at any Denny’s location in the state. Denny’s is a great place to grab breakfast, lunch, or dinner, as they are open 24 hours a day.
- Olive Garden: Seniors who love Italian food will be happy to know that Olive Garden offers a 10% discount to customers who are 55 years old or older. This chain restaurant is famous for its unlimited breadsticks and salad, as well as its delicious pasta dishes.
But it’s not just national chains that offer senior discounts in Hawaii. Many local restaurants also offer discounts to seniors. For example, at Gyotaku Japanese Restaurant in Honolulu and Pearl City, seniors aged 60 and over can order from a discounted senior menu. At Bird of Paradise Restaurant, also in Honolulu, seniors can receive a 15% discount on their entire meal.
It’s important to keep in mind that some discounts may depend on the location, so it’s always a good idea to call ahead and ask if they offer any discounts for seniors. That way, you can also find other offers that may not be on the menu.
Entertainment & Attractions
Seniors can also take advantage of discounts when it comes to entertainment and attractions in Hawaii.
Senior discounts on movies in Hawaii are available at many theaters and cinemas across the state.
For example, at the Regal Cinemas Dole Cannery 18 in Honolulu, seniors aged 60 and above can receive a discount on their movie tickets. The discount varies depending on the movie and the time of day, but it can be up to $3 off the regular price.
Another popular cinema that offers senior discounts is Consolidated Theatres, which has locations throughout Hawaii, including in Honolulu, Kailua, and Mililani. Seniors can receive discounts on both matinee and evening showings, with prices ranging from $9 to $11 for regular adult tickets.
Most discounts are available when booking tickets online or at the box office, so be sure to ask about any special offers that may be available.
Many popular attractions offer discounts to seniors aged 60 and over, which can help make their trip more affordable and enjoyable. Here are some examples of places that offer senior discounts in Hawaii:
USS Arizona Memorial – The USS Arizona Memorial in Pearl Harbor is one of Hawaii’s top tourist destinations, and it offers free admission for everyone. This attraction honors the sailors who lost their lives during the attack on Pearl Harbor and offers visitors a chance to learn about this pivotal moment in history.
Bishop Museum – Bishop Museum – Bishop Museum in Honolulu offers seniors a discounted admission fee of just $23 instead of the regular $26 fee. This museum is a great place to explore the history, art, and culture of Hawaii and its people.
Maui Ocean Center – The Maui Ocean Center is an aquarium located on the island of Maui. It offers a $5 discount to seniors on admission fees, allowing them to enjoy up-close views of Hawaii’s diverse marine life, including sharks, rays, and sea turtles.
Waikiki Aquarium – The Waikiki Aquarium in Honolulu is a great place to learn about Hawaii’s unique marine life. It offers a $7 discount to seniors on admission fees, which allows them to explore its many exhibits, including a coral reef exhibit, a shark tank, and a Hawaiian monk seal exhibit.
Overall, senior discounts on attractions in Hawaii offer a great way for older adults to explore and enjoy the islands at a reduced cost. Whether you’re interested in history, culture, nature, or marine life, there’s something for everyone in Hawaii, and seniors can take advantage of these discounts to make their trip more affordable and memorable.
Many hotel chains in Hawaii offer senior discounts on lodging, providing older adults with an opportunity to explore the beauty of the islands while enjoying a comfortable and affordable stay. These discounts can range from 10% to 20% off standard room rates and are typically available to seniors aged 60 and over. Here are some examples of hotel chains in Hawaii that offer senior discounts on lodging:
- Marriott Hotels & Resorts – Marriott Hotels & Resorts offer senior discounts on their room rates in Hawaii. This chain has properties on multiple islands, including the Waikoloa Beach Marriott Resort & Spa on the Big Island and the Waikiki Beach Marriott Resort & Spa on Oahu.
- Best Western Hotels & Resorts – Best Western Hotels & Resorts offer senior rates on their room rates in Hawaii. This chain has multiple properties on Oahu, Maui, and Kauai, including the Best Western The Plaza Hotel in Honolulu and the Best Western Pioneer Inn in Lahaina.
- Outrigger Hotels & Resorts – Outrigger Hotels & Resorts offer senior discounts on their room rates in Hawaii. This chain has multiple locations on Oahu, Maui, and the Big Island, including the Outrigger Waikiki Beach Resort in Honolulu and the Outrigger Konotta Maldives Resort on the Big Island.
Plus, many local hotels and resorts in Hawaii also offer seniors discounts on their room rates. Be sure to ask about any special offers that may be available when booking your stay.
In conclusion, senior discounts in Hawaii are a wonderful opportunity for seniors to explore the islands and experience all they have to offer. From discounts on dining to lodging, seniors can create unforgettable memories while exploring the beauty of Hawaii without breaking the bank.
Morgan Elfman is a compassionate writer, dedicated caregiver, and passionate advocate for senior well-being. Born and raised with a deep sense of empathy and a natural inclination towards service, Morgan has devoted her life to making a positive impact on the lives of seniors.
As a writer for www.choiceseniorlife.com, Morgan utilizes his skills to create insightful and informative content that addresses the unique needs and challenges faced by seniors and their families. Her articles not only provide valuable information on health, lifestyle, and care options but also strive to inspire and empower seniors to lead fulfilling lives.