- Georgia Power Company, Multiple locations. There’s nothing better than getting a deal on something you already use. Georgia Power Company customers ages 65 and over with a household income of 23,540 per year or lower are eligible to receive an $18 credit on their monthly energy bill. To sweeten the pot, you can also get up to $6 per month in fuel credit. You need to apply for the program, but the few minutes it takes could mean big savings year-round. In addition, there are also telephone and natural gas credits available to citizens, which can be found on the Georgia Public Service Commission website.
- MARTA, Atlanta, GA. Seniors age 65 and up can apply for a Reduced Fare Breeze Card that lowers their fare costs on Atlanta’s Marta. This convenient transportation rail line is especially beneficial to seniors traveling in the city without the hassles of driving in heavy traffic.
- Publix, Multiple locations. A favorite grocery shopping destination for many, Publix knows how to treat its seniors right. They offer a 5 percent discount on Wednesday purchases for individuals age 60 or older. It might not sound like much at first, but it quickly adds up to hundreds of dollars per year in savings.
- Ross, Multiple locations. If you’re 55 or older, you’ll want to know about Ross’s senior discount. They’re already-low prices get even sweeter with a 10 percent discount on Tuesdays. They carry a huge variety of everything, so this discount will come in handy year-round.
- Stein Mart, Multiple locations. If you’re a senior with a shopping habit, you’ll want to head to your nearest Stein Mart stores on the first Monday of every month. Customers 55 and up will score a 20 percent discount on purchases (limited exclusions) provided you have a valid ID. Stein Mart already offers low, everyday prices, so this deal can help you stretch your dollars even further.
Georgia is a beautiful state located in the southeastern United States, with a wide variety of attractions and activities for residents and visitors alike. From its bustling cities to its serene mountain retreats, Georgia has something for everyone. Luckily, many establishments in the state offer discounts to seniors, allowing them to enjoy their favorite activities and experiences at a discounted rate. We’ll list a few of the most common senior discounts in Georgia.
One popular discount offered to seniors is at movie theaters. Many cinemas offer discounted ticket prices to those 65 and over.
Regal Cinemas, which has locations throughout the state, offers reduced ticket prices for seniors aged 60 and over. Those offers are usually available online and don’t require any additional documents. Similarly, AMC Theaters offer senior pricing for ages 60 and over.
Local movie theaters, such as Georgia Theater Company and Plaza Theatre in Atlanta, also have special offers for seniors. Reduced ticket prices are available for those aged 55 and over. Plus, some movie theatres have senior days when movies are shown at a discounted price for all seniors. So, if you have a favorite theater, be sure to check for special senior promotions.
Sports and Leisure Discounts
Many sports and leisure activities offer special discounts to seniors. So if you’re looking to stay active, there’s no shortage of discounts in the state.
For instance, some golf courses offer discounted green fees to seniors. In Cumming, Hampton Golf Village allows golfers aged 60 and over to play for a reduced fee. Similarly, Pine Oaks Golf Course in Statesboro offers senior rates every Thursday for those aged 55 and over. Additionally, they offer a special senior discount on annual passes. So, if you are a golf enthusiast, take advantage of these offers.
If you’re looking to stay in shape, many local gyms, such as Anytime Fitness in Gainesville, offer a discounted membership rate for those 55 and over. For outdoor activities, some local parks, such as Lake Rabun Beach Recreation Area in Clayton and Henderson Park in Roswell, offer reduced camping and service fees for seniors with senior passes.
Eating Out Discounts
For seniors interested in dining out, many restaurants offer discounts to those aged 65 and over. For example, Applebee’s locations in the state offer discounts on select menu items for seniors aged 60 and over. Similarly, IHOP restaurants in Georgia offer a special menu for seniors aged 55 and over. Other popular chains, such as Olive Garden and Outback Steakhouse, have special offers for seniors aged 55 and over.
Local restaurants across the state also offer discounts. For instance, O’Charley’s in Valdosta has a 10% discount on total food purchases for seniors aged 55 and over. If you’re looking for a place to eat in Georgia, be sure to ask about any senior discounts available. Some places don’t advertise them, so it’s always worth asking.
If you’re looking for more ways to save money, there are many retail stores in Georgia that offer discounts to seniors. For instance, many pharmacies, such as Rite Aid and Walgreens, offer discounts on select products for seniors aged 65 and over. In addition, some stores also offer promotional discounts to seniors, such as Kohl’s, which offers 15% off every Wednesday for those aged 60 and over.
For more shopping discounts, many stores, such as Goodwill and Salvation Army, offer special discounts on select days for seniors aged 55 and over. These organizations do amazing work in the community, and the discounts are a great way to support them.
Overall, there are plenty of discounts available for seniors in Georgia. Whether you’re looking for discounted tickets to the movies, a new gym membership, or discounts at restaurants and retail stores, there are many ways to save money as a senior. Be sure to check local places and businesses for additional offers and promotions.
Morgan Elfman is a compassionate writer, dedicated caregiver, and passionate advocate for senior well-being. Born and raised with a deep sense of empathy and a natural inclination towards service, Morgan has devoted her life to making a positive impact on the lives of seniors.
As a writer for www.choiceseniorlife.com, Morgan utilizes his skills to create insightful and informative content that addresses the unique needs and challenges faced by seniors and their families. Her articles not only provide valuable information on health, lifestyle, and care options but also strive to inspire and empower seniors to lead fulfilling lives.