- JOANN, Multiple Locations. No matter what your hobby or project might be, chances are that you can find the supplies you need at JOANN. If you’re 55 or over, you can save 20% on your supplies during the store’s monthly senior discount day. The day will vary per location so check your nearest JOANN for details.
- Denver Botanic Gardens, Denver, CO. The Denver Botanic Gardens is a fantastic place to relax and enjoy the scenery. The York Street location charges just $11.50 for those over 65 compared to the regular $15 admission price, while the Chatfield Farms location lowers the price from $10 to $7 for those over 65.
- Black-eyed Pea, Englewood, CO. Black-eyed Pea is a delicious favorite, especially for senior citizens. It offers a special discounted menu for patrons 60 and over at its Englewood location and its handful of other locations in Colorado.
- Einstein Bros. Bagels, Multiple Locations. You don’t have to be in New York to get a fabulous New York-style bagel. Head to any Einstein Bros. Bagels in Colorado to save 10% if you’re 60 or over.
- Museum of the West, Grand Junction, CO. Museum of the West is a relaxed and well-organized place to learn all about the history of the Wild West. Open Tuesdays through Saturdays, this museum offers discounted admission of $6 for seniors.
- Fort Collins Nursery, Fort Collins, CO. Liven up your landscaping with a visit to the Fort Collins Nursery. If you’re over 55, be sure to visit on a Tuesday to save 10%.
- T-Mobile, Multiple Locations. You don’t need to pay an arm and a leg to keep in touch with your loved ones. T-Mobile makes it easy for those over 55, offering discounted unlimited plans for seniors that start at just $27.50 per month.
Colorado is one of the most beautiful states in the United States. With towering mountains, deep canyons, crystal-clear rivers, and snow-capped peaks, it’s no wonder that many seniors choose the Centennial State as their retirement destination. Fortunately, Colorado offers a range of discounts to help make life more affordable for its senior citizens.
Colorado has an extensive network of public transportation that helps make getting around the state easier. Many of the state’s bus, light rail, and commuter rail systems offer discounts to seniors over 65. Local transit systems like RTD Denver, Roaring Fork Transportation Authority in Aspen and Glenwood Springs, and Mountain Metropolitan Transit in Colorado Springs all offer reduced fares for seniors, as well as free rides on all lines in some locations.
Private businesses also offer discounts to seniors, so it’s worth checking with local car rental companies and taxi services. Companies like Hertz are known to offer car rental discounts of up to 10% for seniors.
Colorado is a great place for dining out with its many restaurants, farmer’s markets, festivals, and Rocky Mountain cuisine. Luckily, many local restaurants offer discounts for seniors, such as Johnny B Good’s Diner in Colorado Springs, which offers a 10% senior discount.
Other restaurants, like The Brown Palace in Denver, offer free meals to seniors on their birthdays. Plus, restaurants often have senior menus, which offer smaller portion sizes and lower prices. So, it’s always worth asking your server if any discounts are available.
From grand ski resorts to cozy mountain cabins, Colorado has something for everyone. Many hotels and motels offer senior discounts of up to 10%. For instance, the Omni Interlocken Resort in Broomfield offers a 10% discount for seniors aged 55+. And the Radisson Hotel in Colorado Springs offers special senior citizen rates.
Or, if you prefer a more rustic option, there are multiple offers for the luxury cabins in Estes Park. Brynwood, Murphy’s, and Valhalla Resort all offer some kind of senior discount. As always, make sure to ask if a discount is available before booking your stay.
Colorado is a paradise for outdoor enthusiasts of all ages, with thousands of miles of trails, rivers for rafting and kayaking, and ski resorts for winter sports. Many of these recreational sites offer discounts to seniors. For example, Eldora Mountain Resort in Nederland offers $10 off lift tickets for seniors over 70, and Vail Resorts has discounted lift tickets for seniors over 65.
Plus, with its many trails for hiking and biking, Colorado is an ideal destination for active seniors looking to explore the state. That said, seniors can get discounted access to state parks, such as Rocky Mountain National Park and the Great Sand Dunes, with a Colorado Senior Pass.
Sightseeing & Entertainment
Colorado is teeming with attractions, from historical sites to natural wonders. Seniors can get discounted admission to some of the state’s top museums, such as the Denver Art Museum and the Colorado Springs Pioneer Museum.
Seniors can also enjoy discounted tickets to cultural events, such as theater and music performances. For example, the Denver Center for the Performing Arts offers discounts of up to 50% off select tickets. Plus, the movie theatre chain AMC offers discounted tickets for seniors on Tuesdays.
Overall, Colorado is a haven for seniors looking to enjoy their golden years in an affordable, beautiful state. With its many discounts and attractions, it’s easy to find fun activities to do without breaking the bank.
Morgan Elfman is a compassionate writer, dedicated caregiver, and passionate advocate for senior well-being. Born and raised with a deep sense of empathy and a natural inclination towards service, Morgan has devoted her life to making a positive impact on the lives of seniors.
As a writer for www.choiceseniorlife.com, Morgan utilizes his skills to create insightful and informative content that addresses the unique needs and challenges faced by seniors and their families. Her articles not only provide valuable information on health, lifestyle, and care options but also strive to inspire and empower seniors to lead fulfilling lives.